Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bike to Work Day

Today is Bike to Work Day. I am in the habit of being the coordinator of this event for my workplace. I used to be quite the biker. Until I had a couple of terrible falls and now I have a lot of fear about riding a bike. Now I ride infrequently. I have not been on my bike since last summer. But I can't seem to let go of this part of my life. I like it. My office walls are covered with posters from BTWD from 2000 forward.

The ride to work is only 9 miles, and it is mostly downhill. The early morning air in the face is worth the price of admission.

I better get ready to roll.

Life is good on the sober side. Thank you God.

7 comments:

Roxie said...

Very cool! I can't bike to work, but I did spend sometime figuring out how to bike to one of my favorite open meetings.

Have a great ride.

dAAve said...

It won't be 9 miles downhill this afternoon.

JeremyRT said...

I hope you had an awesome ride!

Pammie said...

I want a bike now. really.

Mary Christine said...

The ride home was good. Definitely a good work out!

I'm so glad to be back on my bike.

Get one Pammie!

Syd said...

I used to do a lot of biking but gave it up when things on the road got too dangerous. This is not a bike friendly state.

Unknown said...

I wish I could ride anywhere but out here in rural NC I'd end up on the grill of a motorcycle, John Deere, or 1974 TransAm held together by bondo. I think it is so neat you are doing it though and can't wait to here how it goes.

Namaste