Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Morning






Last night I met my running group for a trail run. It was so beautiful. The yucca (see above) are in bloom as are many wildflowers. It was glorious.

Who could have dreamed when I was a 32 year old drunken woman, smoking two packs of cigarettes a day, suicidally depressed - that I would someday be out running a mountain trail, loving life, breathing easy... at the age of 59 and a half! Sobriety has been very very good to me.

And now I must get to an AA meeting. And I must be on time, so I have to get ready.

Thanks be to God for the blessings that abound, in nature and our lives.

4 comments:

Syd said...

Yes, life is good. And so is this day.

Scott M. Frey said...

I'm feeling your gratitude this morning as well! It never ceases to amaze me, how we are transformed in recovery!

JeremyRT said...

Thank you for sharing your beauty this day!

dAAve said...

Enjoy this lovely day!