Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Gratitude Month

November tends to be Gratitude Month in AA. The Thanksgiving holiday is just a natural for AA members who always try to be cognizant of the gifts of each day. Now, living one day at a time, I am aware that it is not Thanksgiving today, but I am greatly looking forward to it.

My friend is coming through town tomorrow and I am so sad that I can't get away from work to see him. I think it has been about 10 years since I have seen him. We were very close at one time. He took me through the big book at a time when I needed help desperately. I now share that with others. What we give in AA never stops giving to untold others. It is a chain that is wonderful.

I like to think of it as a rope. I am just one little fiber among 2 million fibers, and together we make a strong, unbreakable rope. Each of us alone is just a tiny and weak piece.

Thanks and love to all those current and future fibers of Alcoholics Anonymous!

No comments: