Saturday, November 26, 2005

Saturday Morning

This is the third time I have titled a post "Saturday Morning." I love Saturday Morning. I went to a 6:30 a.m. meeting this morning. It was nice. There was a man who was celebrating 6 months of sobriety. There were also two men who were celebrating 15 years of sobriety. It was cool to listen to their stories. They were so similar even though they wouldn't meet each other until they were sober.

There they both were, the day before Thanksgiving, 1990. They both got drunk. Nothing unusual about that for either of them. One got back to work and found a note from a co-worker that brought him to tears and got him to check into a treatment center. The other one woke up the next morning not knowing how he got home, but knowing that he drove. Nothing unusual about that either, but for some reason, that was the last time he did that.

They both ended up in the same home group. It is a good group. 6:30 a.m. is a great time for an AA meeting. Most everyone has just woken up, showered, dressed and hopped in their car to drive to the meeting. Most everyone still smells good. Most everyone has not yet gotten into any problems with anyone. The day is ahead. Nothing but possibilities. A blank slate. A good thing. Saturday particularly so.

I have been awake since 3:30 a.m., so it is about time for my nap. And I gotta love a day when I can take a nap!

7 comments:

Trudging said...

Great post and I love your Blog! Come visit me when you get a chance.

JJ said...

Great blog. Trudge sent me over. Welcome to our little sober blogging community.
I see you,
JJ

lash505 said...

Welcome, great blog, trudging sent me.

JJ said...

Next time I update my blog I would love to put you in the links. Is that o.k.?
I see you,
JJ

Mary Christine said...

JJ,
Yes, that is A-OK! This is darn exciting after doing this mostly for myself for months!
Yeah for Recovering Alcoholics!
Thanks!

Unknown said...

trudge sent me. nice blog..

madameplushbottom said...

great posting - I used to go to a 9 a.m. meetnig on Saturdays - the group became less and less healthy though so I chose to leave. I hear there's a good 7:30 a.m. meeting - maybe I will check it out. You might have just inspired me!