I am grateful today:
- For modern antibiotics that kicked the crap out of the bronchitis I had
- For sleeping until the phone rang at 6:30 this morning!
- For a job where I don't have to set my alarm
- For snow on the ground this morning
- For the ability to "dress up" for Halloween at work today (I'm going as a runner.)
- That my children and grandchildren are coming over tonight
- That I am getting ready for an AA event here on Saturday night - woo hoo!
- That I have a nice comfortable home and it isn't too much work to get it in shape for "company"
- For Living a Sober Life for these Last 23 years, 3 months, and 8 days! Thank You God!
"As we became subjects of King Alcohol, shivering denizens of his mad realm, the chilling vapor that is loneliness settled down. It thickened, ever becoming blacker. Some of us sought out sordid places, hoping to find understanding companionship and approval. Momentarily we did - then would come oblivion and the awful awakening to face the hideous Four Horsemen - Terror, Bewilderment, Frustration, Despair. Unhappy drinkers who read this page will understand!" -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 151