Thursday, October 25, 2007

Purple Shoes

I bought these shoes 5 or 6 years ago - because they were on sale - super cheap!!! (I wonder why?) Yesterday, it occurred to me that I have virtually no purple clothing. I have a lavender twin set and these shoes. That is it. So, today, since the feds have gone from my place of business, I will wear these shoes and the lavender cardigan - well, and black pants and a black shirt.

I am off now to church... I think I will skip wearing the purple heels to church. The formal hour of silent prayer each week is such a blessing in my life. It has helped me to bring more prayer and meditation into my routine. And that can't help but be good!

My life is so busy, busy, busy, it sometimes can get overwhelming. I used to sit down to pray and after 15 minutes or a half hour, start thinking of everything I had to get done. Since I have made this commitment to be at my church from 5 to 6 a.m. each Thursday morning - there is no negotiation about it. I just go. I stay until the next person comes at 6 (or sometimes later). This has taught me how to stay still for an hour, and I am actually able to do that at home now.

"...we are willing to grow along spiritual lines. The principles we have set down are guides to progress. We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 60

7 comments:

dAAve said...

I wonder if I can find some purple cowboy boots? hmmmmmmmmmm
I find it almost impossible to just sit still. Oh well.

Scott W said...

I like purple and black. I have learned to be still. There are many times in my life to practice it, and being able to do so keeps my mind quiet.

I prefer, when reading "The principles we have set down are guides to progress", to treat the word progress as the verb and accent the second syllable.

Happy Thursday to you.

Banana Girl said...

Nice Toes!

Kathy Lynne said...

I can't wear heels. This sounds good to me. Silent prayer. I have trouble staying silent, in my head I mean, like you used to be. Perhaps I should consider this.

Scott M. Frey said...

lol dAAve... I can see you in the purple boots lol

someday MC, I aspire to be able to sit at quiet prayer and mediation with our Lord like that... still a bit too restless.

Syd said...

The shoes are incredibly...interesting. And the black toenail polish is very nice. I like the idea of an hour for meditation. I don't take but a few minutes in the morning for my prayers. You're making me realize that I need more time.

Unknown said...

fantastic shoes....I love this color shoes...but i didn't have this color shoe in my nike shoes collection...great!