1. Come to Houston tonight: Oh, how I wish I could!
2. Can you wear skates or something in the marathon? Nope.
3. Can you jog and not run this damn marathon? You should see me "run", it is not exactly blinding speed.
4. Can you just run until you're tired and then stop? Then I would never start!
5. Can you go and watch? Yep.
6. Can you wear your skirt to anything else besides the marathon? Yep. I now wear it almost every night after work - it is so comfy - and cute!
I am assured by the folks who actually DO run marathons that being discouraged is part of the process. I am not so sure that my discouragement is not reality based. I will have some decisions to make and I find the prospect daunting.
I will still go to Anchorage. I have my tickets already and I am really looking forward to going to Alaska. I have a train trip booked to go to Denali National Park and stay there for a couple of days. I have already paid for that and I am definitely going.
I can run a half-marathon if I cannot run a full marathon. It will be OK. It is just hard when you are this age - if I do not run a marathon this year, I will never do it. I am old as it is, and I am getting older every year. This is not self-pity - this is reality.
Now I am off to a meeting and to meet a sponsee. Thank God for AA and the people in it. Whenever I start thinking all of this is a 'problem', I find that on the scale of 'problems,' this is pretty low on the list!