Tuesday, April 01, 2008

First Day of April '08

It seems my thermometer is playing a joke on me - it says it is only 15º outside. Well, I am not likely to run in 15º weather - even in the dead of winter, much less on April 1st.

What's that you say? A thermometer is incapable of humor? A thermometer is unable to play a joke? That it is really and truly 15º?

I am not running this morning in this kind of cold weather. I still don't feel really well anyway, so it doesn't exactly break my heart. My head has little remnants of migraine running around, but not the bone crushing pain I was in yesterday, thank God. I woke up at 3:30 and thought I would take some exedrin and go back to bed. I still hope to get back to bed by 5 and get back up by 6. I have a full day at work and I hope to feel pretty good.

My daughter has not returned my phone calls, but I got reports all day long from her ex-husband and her ex-boyfriend. She did go to a funeral of another young lady from NA who used and died. Then she vanished again.

I will just pray and try to live MY life to the best of my ability today. I would prefer to be happy, so I think I just will be today.

8 comments:

dAAve said...

May you feel at peace with the world today.
Buy a new thermometer.

Scott W said...

So, just when we all thought we were so smart using Alt+0186 to make the º mark, along comes an email to me this morning that says to use Alt+167 and you get a short cut for the º instead. What will they think of next.

May your day be worry free, MC.

Pammie said...

I will be happy with you today, and keep the girl in my prayers.

Syd said...

I haven't had any pranks pulled on me today and am happy about that! I will keep your daughter in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I believe that your daughter would have less hope if you were still drinking.

We both know the seed has been planted. Whether it is planted in fertile ground isn't up to us - dammit :)

Take Care - God Bless - Hang In There (until you can Let Go Completely)

You are NOT alone!

Bill said...

I'm glad that your daughter went to that funeral, and I hope that she was able to relate and not compare while she was there.
I'm glad you are making progress on your headache.
May your thermometer rise to an acceptable level very soon.

Zanejabbers said...

A thermometer that plays April Fools jokes? Now that's just nifty. (God I haven't used that expression in decades. Probably shouldn't have now....it aging you know.)

Scott M. Frey said...

wow glad the headache is feeling better.... hopefully your daughter will come round and get back on track. I'll be praying for her and her kids