Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Morning

I spent the day with my granddaughters yesterday. This is a picture of them at the little lake I took them to. There is also a playground there, where they got to play like children - without anyone directing their every move or telling them to be quiet. I feel bad for kids now, they are always on adult time...there is so little allowance for the need for mischief and mayhem that all children possess.

I am about to go off on a ten mile run. I feel happy about this because the day is just about perfect for it. It is sunny and nearing 50 degrees - which will feel downright tropical after a mile or two. I probably actually enjoy cloudy days more, but what the heck! It is not cloudy today, so I think I shall enjoy a sunny day!

I couldn't be happier this morning. I have just gotten home from church, I am about to take a run. My new computer works on my back porch, my grandchildren and safe and well-cared for, I am sober.

5 comments:

Zanejabbers said...

Honey, you can't ask for more than that.

Anonymous said...

That is a peaceful picture of your grandchildren playing along the waterside.

I love how you toss in your running and the distance. That is so flippin awesome that you take care of your well being and can run that distance. You are one inspiring woman!

Bill said...

That's such a nice picture.

I know what you mean about kids. When I was little, I could roam the neighborhood safely. So many parents nowadays are (understandably) afraid to let their children play outside.

dAAve said...

I need your address so I can mail you something.

Pammie said...

yes apple blossom...yes to that great feeling of serenity.