Friday, April 11, 2008

Can I make a motion to have 30 hours in a day?

Then maybe I would have time to do all I want to do in a day or a week.  I am playing with my new super cool computer right now.  But alas! I do not have time. I am making  a super cool movie with music and everything.  But I should be getting ready for work.  

I would also like to be at the end of the 6:30 meeting about right now.  We would be just about ready to stand up, join hands, and say the Lord's Prayer together - easily my favorite part of any meeting!  

I would also like to be outside finishing up a 5 mile run, feeling like Wonder Woman.  

But I am sitting here, playing around with movies and music and fun stuff with my computer.  It is fun, fun, fun.

Yesterday my phone rang while I was meeting with the Medical Director (one of my favorite people on this earth!) in my office.  I looked at the number and knew it was an "old school" real land line number on the north side of Denver.  He asked if I needed to get it, and I said NO.  I thought it was my daughter and I thought I could certainly wait til later to find out the latest thing in her life.  Later, curiosity got the better of me and I called the number.  A man answered the phone, and I said "Someone just called me from this number?"  And he said "Yep, someone sure did."  Oh My Goodness.  It was my former boyfriend.  The drunken cowboy I adored.  The one who still adores me.  If you are interested, you can read this little post about the history.

Unfortunately, he is still drunk.  We had a nice little chat.  I told him to call sometime when he is sober.  How sad.  He asked how many boyfriends I have... I told him it was a cast of thousands, certainly too many to count (ha ha ha).  He asked how many of them I am going to marry, and I had to tell him "none."  

What a heartbreaker that one was.  

Let's have a good sober day today, OK?

5 comments:

Syd said...

I think that the drunken cowboy still has a thing for you MC. Too bad he won't get sober.

Glad that you like your Mac. It's a great little computer. Have a great rest of Friday.

Scott W said...

At least we are sober today. There are many that are not. Prayers go their way.

Zane-nawwaa said...

Great way you handled that call. Strength comes to those who seek it. Boundaries. You sure know how to use them. Have a great FRIDAY!

Bill said...

That call sounds like a little message from God, reminding us how nice it is to be free from alcohol.

indistinct said...

Thank you for sharing. I read "the history" post as well. A powerful lesson for me.