Friday, April 11, 2008

Can I make a motion to have 30 hours in a day?

Then maybe I would have time to do all I want to do in a day or a week.  I am playing with my new super cool computer right now.  But alas! I do not have time. I am making  a super cool movie with music and everything.  But I should be getting ready for work.  

I would also like to be at the end of the 6:30 meeting about right now.  We would be just about ready to stand up, join hands, and say the Lord's Prayer together - easily my favorite part of any meeting!  

I would also like to be outside finishing up a 5 mile run, feeling like Wonder Woman.  

But I am sitting here, playing around with movies and music and fun stuff with my computer.  It is fun, fun, fun.

Yesterday my phone rang while I was meeting with the Medical Director (one of my favorite people on this earth!) in my office.  I looked at the number and knew it was an "old school" real land line number on the north side of Denver.  He asked if I needed to get it, and I said NO.  I thought it was my daughter and I thought I could certainly wait til later to find out the latest thing in her life.  Later, curiosity got the better of me and I called the number.  A man answered the phone, and I said "Someone just called me from this number?"  And he said "Yep, someone sure did."  Oh My Goodness.  It was my former boyfriend.  The drunken cowboy I adored.  The one who still adores me.  If you are interested, you can read this little post about the history.

Unfortunately, he is still drunk.  We had a nice little chat.  I told him to call sometime when he is sober.  How sad.  He asked how many boyfriends I have... I told him it was a cast of thousands, certainly too many to count (ha ha ha).  He asked how many of them I am going to marry, and I had to tell him "none."  

What a heartbreaker that one was.  

Let's have a good sober day today, OK?

5 comments:

Syd said...

I think that the drunken cowboy still has a thing for you MC. Too bad he won't get sober.

Glad that you like your Mac. It's a great little computer. Have a great rest of Friday.

Scott W said...

At least we are sober today. There are many that are not. Prayers go their way.

Zanejabbers said...

Great way you handled that call. Strength comes to those who seek it. Boundaries. You sure know how to use them. Have a great FRIDAY!

Bill said...

That call sounds like a little message from God, reminding us how nice it is to be free from alcohol.

indistinct said...

Thank you for sharing. I read "the history" post as well. A powerful lesson for me.