Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Tulips!

These are the tulips in my little flower bed in my back yard.  I planted these just after I had moved here, six and a half years ago.  They bring me joy when they come back every spring.  I have written about this repeatedly - so I won't bore you all... but I love tulips.  

Today I shall go to the 6:30 meeting and then take a short long run.  I will run only 10 miles this morning.  Next week I will bump up to 17 miles.  I really don't know how this is happening or how much more mileage I can eek out of this old body.  But I will keep trying and hopefully I will be successful at my marathon on June 21... in Anchorage... what fun.

Being sober is a wonderful thing.  I can plan on doing things on a Saturday morning - and then actually do them!  I can plant tulips in the fall, and then be there to see them in the spring - year after year.  I can be counted on by my friends and family to be, as my friend Larry says, "the same person every day."  He says that is how he knows he can trust me.... I am the same person every day.  That certainly did not used to be the case.

Blessings to you all.  Have a Happy Saturday!

7 comments:

dAAve said...

"being the same person every day"
I like that.

What I like more is ...
"being a sane person every day."
That's MY goal.

Scott W said...

I strive to be the same, but not the same as Dave.

Zanejabbers said...

And a Happy Blessed Saturday to you also. The Tulips are pretty.
I love that word Tulips. TULIPs.
2lips. TOO Lips. TuLips.

Syd said...

Two Lips are nice. I've always liked them.

And I can't imagine your not being the same sane person every day. It's just how I see you.

Happy running.

Kathy Lynne said...

Love tulips! Have a great weekend.

Trailboss said...

Tulips are my favorite flower. I should plant some bulbs this fall.

Hope you're feeling better.

Bill said...

The tulips + the rocks are quite beautiful. I can see why you look forward to them each year!