Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday Morning

My favorite time of the week.  I love looking forward to the weekend.   This morning I will go to my favorite AA meeting of the week.  While I am there, I will knit... the finishing rows on a silk shawl I have been working on for several months.  I love knitting that thing, it feels just heavenly.

Later this morning, my granddaughters are coming over to spend the day.  I am very excited about this, but also a little bit nervous.  I am not a great "little kid" person.   We get along famously, but after a few hours, I get really tired of all the attention these little people require.  I hope to serve them waffles with strawberries and whipped cream this morning... then take them shopping for new clothes (who doesn't like that?!?)...then take them to the park to play at a playground.  Then I am hoping that they will be coerced into taking a nap, realizing of course, that the nap may never happen.  

Thank God I am sober and able to be a nice Grandmother.  I cannot imagine what kind of drunken old lady I would have made.  Eeeesh.  The thought just kind of makes me shiver.

5 comments:

dAAve said...

I want waffles with strawberries!
Now, damnit!!

(enjoy the day)

Scott W said...

Drunken old lady. That gives me the shivers, too. I cannot imagine that being a description of you.

Zanejabbers said...

A day with grandma is a cherished memory. Good for you.

Pammie said...

Isn't it amazing how much more energy we had with our own three, compared to now?
THat's why we should have our kids while we are still young and stupid.
I'm glad we are sober old women...little peach nectorine.

Bill said...

I have great memories of my Grandma, but the thought of her being a drunk old lady isn't pretty.
It makes me realize that the first, best thing I can do for someone else is to simply stay sober today.