A Winter Storm Warning. Yep. On April 16. That's OK. I put fertilizer on my lawn last week because we were expecting a lot of snow then, but didn't get it. We could use a nice big snow now. Yesterday it got up in the 80s, today we are expecting snow. (The picture of the tulips is from last year, they still haven't bloomed this year, but expect pictures when they do.)
I am feeling vaguely dissatisfied this morning. Not real sure what is going on. Several things feel slightly off kilter.
- I am not overwhelmed with love for my AA group right now (this too shall pass... been through this too many times not to know that.)
- I have an opportunity at work to really shine, but I will probably have to put in lots of extra hours to do it, and I am not feeling particularly energetic right now
- I have an opportunity to do something on Saturday that I would really like to do, but it would mean putting off my 15 mile run until Sunday and I don't want to do that
- As the mileage increases in my training, so does the time - 4 hours on a weekend is 12% of the weekend's waking hours
- I need to send out the fundraising letters for my marathon - I enthusiastically volunteered to join a group of women raising money for some nuns providing free in-home care to the indigent elderly... but I have to get my butt in gear and actually start begging!
At the end of each little sentence, I could have written "this too shall pass" because it will. I will likely wake up tomorrow with joy in my heart and excitement about the day. But for today, I will live in the knowledge that all is well and Feelings aren't Facts.