Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, day before taxes due...

I guess I better put that on my list of things to do. I always send off my taxes on April 15. I don't know what difference it would make to send them on March 15 or February 15 - but somehow I don't send money until I have to. So that will be tomorrow.

Today I want to skedaddle to get to at least part of the 6:30 meeting. Then I hope a calm day at work. Then Biblical School. Then I get to see someone I haven't seen for a month and a day.

My ten mile run kicked my butt yesterday. This weekend I will attempt my longest run ever - 15 miles. I am going to keep training to run a marathon on June 21. I really am beginning to doubt that I can do it though. I know I can run a half-marathon... so if I have to, I will run a half. I am so looking forward to my trip to Alaska... the marathon, seeing my nephew and his family, my brother and sister-in-law, maybe my sister, getting on the train to Denali National Park, staying at a lodge there for two days, a fishing charter, then coming back home and having a couple more days off of work.

I talked with my boss about my tardiness recently. I am a salaried employee, so it isn't like I have to punch a timeclock at 8 a.m., but really, I should be responsible enough to get to work at a reasonable time most days. I told him I can't seem to get to work on time at all. He just said "you just need a vacation." Isn't that sweet? I really DO need a vacation. Hopefully my behavior will improve.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps this comment belongs on the other blog - if I've learned anything during my brief sobriety, it is that anything is possible and running the marathon you are training for certainly qualifies... hope you have a good day. wendy

dAAve said...

You can run it if you want to. Your time may not be what you want, but you can finish it.
Pace yourself today first.

Syd said...

Hang in there MC. It's definitely Monday but that means that we are almost 4 days from Saturday. I can do Mondays as long as I remember that.

Zanejabbers said...

You're that Little Red Engine, I will, I will, I will.

Scott W said...

I saw Dave mailing you a package this morning as I was leaving the PO after sending the IRS two checks.