Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One Fine Day

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I gave my presentation at governing body yesterday. I have seen this group turnover many times, but this is the most talkative group they have ever had. Each item got discussed ad nauseum. By the time it was my turn, I had been sitting there for over 2 hours - and I had to pee desperately. But I knew if I suggested we take a break the meeting would go for hours longer. I knew at least half of the room had to go as bad as I did, and this might truncate discussion - or so I hoped. After I had been talking for about 45 minutes, I finally looked at the clock and said " I need to leave at noon, so I need to wrap this up." I thought that was reasonable since the meeting was supposed to end at noon. When I left the room, I sighed and whispered "holy f***" and then I saw that another person from the meeting was sitting outside the room talking on his cell phone. Impressive, huh?

I came home and took a quick 3 mile run... then I got to visit with someone... then I got to sit around... then I got to take a nap... then I got to sit outside... Life is Good.

I need to get out of here and meet my sponsee at the 6:30 meeting.

And let this be a placemarker for telling you all what my former son-in-law did. People really really do change when they get clean and sober - I am so impressed with this man and how he is taking serious action to stay clean and sober.

4 comments:

Scott W said...

They wanted to meeting to go long because you wore that new cute running skirt. The gams are sure to keep 'em interested!

The Sober Alcoholic Soldier said...

I was googleing my new blog to see what popped up and it was yours. I started to read it and really enjoyed it. It gives me hope. I am going to my first AA meeting on Fri. I am really nervous. But I just wanted to say thank you. I have never read any blogs before, and I had no idea there were so many people out there with similar problems.

Zanejabbers said...

Sounds like a good day. You are such an inspiration.

Syd said...

Glad that the presentation went well. And that your son in law wants the sober life. You are a marvel.