Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Morning

Today is my boss' birthday. I have a really pretty card for him. His birthday is usually a secret, but yesterday I told someone who decided it really needed to be a big deal. So, we are having a little birthday celebration this morning at 8:30.... which means I need to be at work by 8:30.

I have spent most of the last couple of years not really liking my boss. Now he has a new boss who is interfering in the way we do things. I don't like his boss coming directly to me... so I feel I have to run to my boss to tell him what is going on. All this (and a few more things) has made me feel much more loyal to my boss. It calls to mind what someone said after 9/11 when all Americans loved one another for a day or two: that all it would take for world peace is for us to be attacked by aliens. When we have a common threat, enemy, or peril, we can suddenly be united. I would like to think there was something more high-minded going on in my little brain, but I think it is the common threat thing.

I am just working all day. Then I am going to come home and clean house. I cannot imagine that once I have run 15 miles tomorrow I am going to be able to do much else (if I am even able to run 15 miles!)

Have a good sober day everyone.

4 comments:

dAAve said...

Happy birthday, MC's boss!!

Scott W said...

Wishing you the best Friday!

Pammie said...

enjoy your friday little banana pepper.

Zanejabbers said...

And whan you finish your house.....