Thursday, April 10, 2008

7:45 a.m., I'm in jammies

Seems like a reasonable decision would be to stay home from work again, but I am not going to. So I need to "kick it in the ass" and get myself ready to get out of here.

I called my "prayer partner" from church last night and told her that I would likely not be there this morning. This is the first time since March last year that I have missed my Thursday morning prayer. And this morning as I slept until 7 o'clock, I was really glad I allowed myself that time for sleep. Now, I did miss the time praying, and I will try to make up for it somehow this weekend.

I had a very quiet day yesterday and I needed that. I think I needed a quiet day more than a sick day. That was probably why I was sick. I am also extremely tired. Even now, with all the sleep that I got yesterday, I still wish I could go back to bed.

But I won't. I will go do what I am supposed to be doing. Because I have learned in AA that no matter what is going on, and no matter how much doubt or lack of motivation I may have, just doing the next right thing is usually the right thing to do.

I will be grateful that I have a place to go and things to do.  Meaningful things to do and people who actually care about me.  What could be better?

7 comments:

Syd said...

Take care of yourself. I have been tired too but found that having an early night on Tuesday helped. I need to listen to my body when it tells me enough.

dAAve said...

Sometimes recovery is much harder, but so much more worth it.

Bill said...

I frequently deprive myself of enough rest, and I've been trying to listen to my body promptly lately, before that deceptive 'second wind' kicks in.

Zane-nawwaa said...

I'm glad you're taking time for you. That's important.

Pam said...

I can't tell you how many times over the years that the only thing I could manage some days is that darned next right thing. It truly is a design for living isn't it...little chili pepper.

Scott W said...

TCB MC!

dirtydishes said...

A quiet day. That sounds so nice!