Thank God! I get to go back to work today! I feel somewhat better!
I have bronchitis, and got a prescription for antibiotics yesterday. I think it will knock the infection out of me and get me back on my feet.
So here is what I have learned from this bout of illness:
1. I thought I had gained seven pounds - I have only gained 4.
2. I have a really nice life normally.
3. I am a runner - I may not look like one, but I AM one.
4. I have been blessed with good health and that is a good thing, because
5. I really, really don't like being sick.
I am going to go to the 6:30 a.m. meeting and then to work. I am very excited about this. It is the day before Halloween, and I haven't even thought about a costume. But the important thing is that my daughter HAS thought about costumes for her daughters. Now, all I have to do is convince her that my house is a must-stop for Halloween.
"Every day, somewhere in the world, recovery begins when one alcoholic talks with another alcoholic, sharing experience, strength, and hope." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. xxii