Wednesday, January 17, 2007

12 degrees = heat wave!

Oh boy! It is in the double digits temperature wise and it isn't even 5:00 a.m. yet. Maybe we are coming out of the cold spell. Unfortunately, it is heading east. So to all of you, particularly southerners, who are dealing with cold you are not used to, take care and keep warm!

I have a presentation to give at 9:30 this morning. I have to get to the gym and get a few miles in before that. I don't have the presentation 100% written - I had to leave work yesterday at 5:30 because a sponsee was coming over. So although I am glad I met with her, I wish I could have stayed at work longer to get the presentation done. Oh well. These quarterly presentations are always a challenge. I better get going here...

"It is when we try to make our will conform with God's that we begin to use it rightly. To all of us, this was a most wonderful revelation. Our whole trouble had been the mis-use of willpower. We had tried to bombard our problems with it instead of attempting to bring it into agreement with God's intention for us. To make this increasingly possible is the purpose of AA's Twelve Steps, and Step Three opens the door." -- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 40

12 comments:

Shannon said...

OMG MC I can relate with being excited about the temps going up from where we have been.
I hope your presentation rocks.
have a great day

PS I did a mile!!!

Anonymous said...

girl, it is cold down here in Houston. I'm staying home today, because it's 31deg. Who could possibly go out in THAT???
:) Good luck at work today.

Anonymous said...

and none of us know what "snap" is

Mama Dukes said...

was 12 when we woke up here too, brrrr

I'll bet your presentatin went well

Anonymous said...

I am the third Houstonian to leave a comment today! Yea for Texas!

Trudging said...

We're having a heat wave, a tropic heat wave...

jake said...

Hope your presentation went as well as expected (God's will)....Glad to hear the temperature is warming up over where you are. Bet that's a relief...Take care MC

Mike said...

Hey I had a friend head off to the Antarctic yesterday. She said it was warmer there than in Montana.

I'm anxious to come home, it is supposed to be in the 30's, that's motorcycle weather for me...

Mike

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your presentation!

Tennessee Santa said...

Yea you are getting a heat wave, It warmed up here a bit today.
So I am getting up in 4 1/2 hours
to go to Southern California and they are having record lows. I am not going to win this one.

I can't figure out why your messages get kicked back, I will probably start working on changing up to the new blogger soon, I think there is one that is a part of my new web site hosting company. Tell Big ED I said Hi back.
FAEA

lash505 said...

wow thats good I will be there Jan 24th thru 25th. We have too hook up.

Anonymous said...

I hope your presentation went well MC. It amazes me, all that you're able to get done in the morning. Running a few miles, finishing up a presentation then giving it all by 9:30. I can get up and off to work early and all, but I just cannot get my butt outta bed to work out... Good for you!