Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Morning

And I told two people I would be at the 6:30 meeting this morning. I guess I will be late. It is 6:21 and I am still in my jammies. I am not feeling great, but I know that I just have to put one foot in front of the other and suit up and show up - it will be OK. Today the doctor should call me to tell me what the CT scan says about my neck - I will be very happy to know the answer to that question.

Someone got on me in my comments about writing sentences beginning with "I". Then I looked at his blog to see what he wrote about. He wrote about the failings of others. I guess I would prefer to be self-centered and write about my own failings.

I need to get out of here and go be where I am supposed to be, and doing what I am supposed to be doing.

11 comments:

Pam said...

Well I think that is funny as hell! Who are you supposed to write about on your blog. I don't want to hear about the neighbors dog - I want to hear about YOU and your FAMILY and YOUR dog (if you had one-which you don't).
Good grief-send him to my blog-I have a lot of failings hee hee.

Mark said...

That hurts - you misperceived me badly. I'm sorry you took what I said that way...

Scott W said...

I believe it is your blog. I believe you get to write what you want without recrimination from others. I think you can begin sentences with 'I'. I think you can do that as often as you like.

dAAve said...

Me, myself and I am powerless over your failings. I have even decided to give you the freedom to own them.
But I will do my best to be responsible for my own.

AlkySeltzer said...

Sounds like a 'Monday morning' to ME!

Trouble with MY Mondays is...I hardly ever remember which day IS today! Schedule EVERY morning is the same, starting at 4:30 AM (2:30 AM Colorado time?)

Maybe I'll start leaving a note on the sink...TODAY IS ****. I'm serious here!

Hope your day gets better and BETTER, Mary C.

Steve E.
Steve E.

Syd said...

Those are your comments so why not saying I. I like your style of writing--elegant and direct. Have a good day.

J-Online said...

I like reading about "I" or in this case "you!" I learn a lot from you!

Lou said...

Me(?) like you. Clear,direct,interesting, and a tad salty.

Trailboss said...

I think it is sad for someone to correct another on their own blog. I'm sorry, is there a rule book that blogger.com forgot to send me?

Zane-nawwaa said...

Well, snort, isn't that special! The printed word can be ever so cold. If we saw the person saying the same thing, it might have a totally different meaning. But we can't, so....................!

Mark said...

Incredible - absolutely incredible.

I sent you an email MC. I hope you got it.

If you want, I'll edit or remove the comment you left at my place but I'll be at a meeting in a short while so it might have to wait.