Saturday, June 27, 2009

Back to Life


Getting ready for a triathlon tomorrow morning.  At the crack of dawn.  I need to be on the road by 4:00 a.m.  I am excited!  In the above backpack is my wetsuit and other stuff that I didn't feel like hauling out just for a photo... but I think the photo captures the mood... preparation and excitement.  

And I just threw in a rose for good measure.  I have missed 25 days worth of roses and peonies.  In fact, the peonies are already spent - but it was a banner year for them.  They were gorgeous!  
My daughter went missing for 24 or so hours.  By the time I went to church tonight, I cried through the whole thing.  I kept telling myself that she was fine and that I was wasting a lot of energy worrying.  But it is a hard thing to allow yourself to love like that and have the kind of hope that is shining bright in my heart for her.

She called tonight at about 6:30.  She and her fellow decided to spend an extra day fishing in Wyoming.  They were having such fun.  Oh, I cried with relief when I got this call.  

It is almost easier to live in despair.  But I will take the hard path if it means having hope and love in my heart.  

Wish me good luck on my first triathlon wearing a wetsuit.  Thanks!

12 comments:

steveroni said...

Maybe left this on the wrong blog:

My meetings are 5-7 AM your time, then play mass, while you are out there at the triathlon. I'll pray for you, that you have lot of fun, and that it is a satisfying day.

God bless your day, Mary Christine

Not God said...

I wish you well. Godspeed!

Mike Golch said...

my hat is off to you,doing a triathlon.That is something that I would never be able to do.God Speed.

steveroni said...

...and I am really glad you 'found' your Megan and Him....God is good.



Did they catch any fish? -grin!

garden-variety drunk said...

good luck!

Ed G. said...

Best wishes for a lovely time...

Blessings and aloha...

dAAve said...

Definitely will need a wetsuit picture!

Gin said...

I know you will do well! Have a wonderful time!

Scott W said...

Just don't wet IN your suit!

Lou said...

Taking the hard path of love and hope..beautifully said.

One Prayer Girl said...

I prayed for you last night before bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night - there was some kind of snoring going on?
:) - took that opportunity to pray again.

This morning, yep, prayed again.

Hope all went well. I'll be waiting to hear how it went.

Prayer Girl

Syd said...

I am late wishing you well but hope that you enjoyed it. And I'm glad that your daughter was relaxing and fishing.