Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Pouring Rain

It has rained all night.  It is pouring rain now.  The wind is blowing.  I am not running outdoors as I thought I would be.  I will head to the gym and hit the treadmill.   I would really rather head back to bed and pull the covers over.  I am really tired.  

I  need some serious down time.  Time when no one else is around.  I need a weekend by myself, with lots of naps and sleeping in.  And reading a book uninterrupted for hours on end.  Although I love my daughter with all of my heart and I love her being here on the weekends, all of her early sobriety energy and chaos really wear me out.  By the time she leaves on Sunday afternoon or evening, I am needing another weekend just to recover.  Instead it is time to get ready for another week.  

I haven't had more than a few days off of work in a row since last June when I went to Alaska.  I am taking a beach vacation in July and will have no opportunity for time off until then.  I will appreciate the vacation all the more for how exhausted I am I guess.

I had many things to write about this morning, but this is what I wrote.  Funny.  

Let's stay sober today, OK?


8 comments:

Scott W said...

I must have alone time, no matter what is going on. Even during the hurricane aftermath, I would escape to the Lambda office just to be by myself.

Pammie said...

I wish with all the useless stuff our government already votes into law, it would decree that once a quarter...a mere 4 days a year, could be designated as nap day.

Syd said...

I'm with you on being tired. It seems that I am really tired today. I need to get to bed earlier but seem to always be doing something in the evenings--a meeting, rowing, reading, etc.

dAAve said...

I can't believe it's been a year since you were in Alaska. Your life is flying right by me.
Whooooooosh!!

Trailboss said...

I can so relate to your need for time off having just come off of vacation myself. It had been almost a year since I had been off and I truly enjoyed every second of it. I think we all need more time for "us"

Gin said...

Down time is good. We all need those days every now and then.

Ed G. said...

I've maintained for 20 years that any true "civilization" would build a daily siesta into it's work day and would value personal time as much as company time...
I wish for you the strength to do what needs to be done and the wisdom to let the rest go...
Blessings and aloha...

steveroni said...

Well, I'm here...but I didn't think it was "Funny". Guess I'm too tired, stayed up too late, got up too early.
AGAIN!

I agree, today let's all slee--I mean "stay sober. OK?