Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday Morning

I have been to some great meetings in the last week. They have helped to remind me that God will never give me more than I can handle. I have felt overwhelmed with my job, but if I get my pride and ego out of the way, I don't have a problem. If I am not worried about looking "good" or looking "bad", I can just do my job without all the attending B.S.

On Sunday morning, I went to my friend Terry's 23rd AA birthday. I was able to give her the chip I have been carrying around for almost three months. On my 22nd birthday, that group did not have a 22 year chip, so Terry gave me a 23 year chip, and told me I would have to bring it back to her on her 23rd b.d. It was nice to be able to do that. That meeting was so wonderful. Terry was someone I could not stand for my first ten years of sobriety, and the feeling was quite mutual. We talked about that in the meeting, it was great fun. I am so grateful that we love each other today. It is amazing what happens when you stay sober, and do what is suggested. Miracles, I tell you!

I slept well last night and I am off to the gym now. I will actually get to work on time this morning barring unforseen circumstances.

"Absolute humility would consist of a state of complete freedom from myself, freedom from all the claims that my defects of character now lay so heavily upon me. Perfect humility would be a full willingness, in all times and places, to find and to do the will of God." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 106

10 comments:

JJ said...

hAAppy TuesdAAy Matt.
I see you,
JJ

dAAve said...

Thank you MC. (unless you've changed it to Matt)

Anonymous said...

Matt? :)

That is a wonderful experience you had giving that coin away. 23 years without a drink, WOW. And so what we see here ladies n gems is "hope."

Carly said...

"Perfect humility would be a full willingness, in all times and places, to find and to do the will of God."

Holy shit. I haven't read/heard that before. THANK YOU!

Tennessee Santa said...

God does work in strange ways. The people I have not always liked at first have usually become good friends. They usually give me a chance to look at me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Matt..
(what they said? lol)

Trudging said...

You are a powerful witness for what the program can do.

Unknown said...

That is really cool. I am always so tongue tied when giving someone else a special coin. ~

Redhead Gal said...

I like what you said about putting aside worries about how you are perceived at work. I need to learn to do that.

lash505 said...

That is awesome, working out..