Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008


I will fly my flag today.
I will go to work today.
I have prayed for all those who lost their lives seven years ago today.
I will go to an AA meeting this morning.

And thank God that the dream that interrupted my sleep wasn't true.  I dreamed I was a young woman, still married to the father of my three children.  He was taking me to our "new home" which was a 2 bedroom apartment.  I sat in that apartment and cried for the loss of my pretty little house.  I sat in a rocking chair and wept.  And then I woke up, a happy older woman in my pretty little house.  

Grateful to be where I am today.

14 comments:

Syd said...

It sounds like you have a spiritual day going. I'm glad that you are in your pretty house. You deserve all good things.

Scott W said...

Seven years ago was a scary day. Today is for us on the Gulf Coast, but for different reasons.

Dreams are so weird.

Trailboss said...

Seven years ago today was an awful day. I can not imagine what it was like to go through that first hand.

dAAve said...

Have a dreamy day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me to fly my flag! Duh!

Anonymous said...

I had the notion that all the world is your "pretty little house".

All except that two-bedroom apartment (dream?) home..

No one will EVER forget that terrible morning.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for remembering those who perished on this day 7 years ago. I pray for them and for us who remember.

I too am grateful beyond words for the life I have today.

J-Online said...

Thankfully nightmares are just that and then we can wake up and experience the joy around us! Have a great day

Shadow said...

rememberance is good. the dream no so.

Akannie said...

I'm sitting here, feeding my 3 pups and one kitty bites of blueberry yogurt off my spoon...and feeling grateful. Grateful for waking up from dreams that are too sad, grateful for living where I live, and grateful for you for reminding me. Thanks.

Kathy Lynne said...

Peace.

Anonymous said...

I love the image that you posted. Praying for the country, for life, for our Armed Forces today. :)

Take care!
Best,
- Dan

Zanejabbers said...

Lovely post. I love waking from a bad dream and realizing I have a pretty damned good life. Speciall thoughts for 09-11-01.

Pammie said...

I hate those kind of dreams and I have them too sometimes...only with my ex not yours. I only dream of yours when I've had spicey food.