Monday, September 15, 2008

So many big days

I need a small day.  I need a day with nothing to do.  I feel bad complaining when my friends in Houston are so busy cleaning up and some still hunkered down with no power.  But still, I am ready to tear my hair out here.  

I have a medical appointment this morning so I will be late to work.  I worked on Saturday and Sunday.  This makes eight days of work in a row, with no day off scheduled until this Saturday.   I used to work like this all the time, but I used to be younger and I used to like my job a whole lot more than I do now.  

My sponsor asked me if I could add in a "fun" activity.  I don't know when.  Today I work all day and then go to my first class of the 2nd year of Biblical School tonight.  Tomorrow I work all day and then attend the board meeting of my homeowners' association.  On Wednesday, I work all day and then go to yoga.  On Thursday, I work all day and then attend a party, celebrating 85 years of a local "faith-based" home health care agency.  On Friday, I work all day and then go to yoga.  And in the midst of this, I shall attend AA meetings and run 3 times.  

Something has got to give and I will tell you, it is not going to be me.  I will cancel one or two things this week because I cannot do all this stuff.  

Sorry to be complaining.  It is just where I am today.  

13 comments:

Akannie said...

Morning, MC...sounds like one of those days where you feel like a human "doing" instead of a human "being". I'll keep you in my prayers...when my weeks get like this, ODAAT is most important, even if it means taking 15 minutes a couple of times a day to reconnect with God. It soothes me....

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Christine,
You are where you are. I am where I am and since we're humans that can be terrific or sometimes it can be pretty terrible.

When I minimize how I'm feeling by comparing it to what's going on somewhere else, like Texas or Africa or whatever, then I'm just discounting me and God doesn't want me to do that. He created each one of us and we are all precious to Him.

I am grateful every day that I wasn't born in Africa or another country where it is hard to live, where people have so little. Comparatively speaking, I have so much. I have always been grateful for being born in the U.S.A.

You and I and all our other blog friends need to remember that we are worth taking care of. More power to you - figuring out what to cancel - and please, please feel good about it, no guilt, please!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me grateful this morning. I have not had one of those marathon weeks for some time now. Screw guilt! (easy for me to say)

Syd said...

I keep thinking that you need a sailboat--but I guess that there are no big lakes there to sail on. Even a rowing shell would be peaceful. I would like 50 degrees right now. It is still hot and humid here.

Shadow said...

monday bluuuues... it'll pass. i nearly got lucky this morning. first hubby parked me in with the bikes so i had to wait for him to move all about. then i left a door ajar and the battery was flat, but lo and behold, there was another car i could use, dammit!

Trailboss said...

I think we are all due a complaint day. Scott has been under so much pressure and tension since this hurricane crap. He is on his way home today hopefully to electricity on at his house.

Dharma Kelleher said...

All you really have to worry about is the next 12-16 hours. Tomorrow doesn't exist.

Ask yourself, "What is the next most loving thing?" Sometimes that means taking 10 minutes in the ladies room to just breathe and let it all go.

Like you, I have a tendency to overfill my daily and weekly schedule. It's easy to use activities the way we used to use alcohol and drugs. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but it's worth looking at.

Are you putting your schedule ahead of your serenity? Which is more important? Eventually, something will give. I just hope it's not your sobriety.

Unknown said...

This is where my sponsor would throw at me one of those phrases that can be REALLY REALLY annoying. I can share that I was home all weekend with all the time in the world on my hands and I still managed to completely miss a homework deadline and missed a quiz. (I'm taking classes online at ECU). I kicked myself for a little bit but because I have a program, self-pity isn't much of an option anymore (I do sit on the pot from time to time though). I re-thunk my position and decided that all I could do was get back on track and try to just manage this one day. Just wanted to let you know that sometimes--I just have to start my day over!! Hang in there, kiddo!

Scott W said...

Lucy, I'm home!

Lou said...

Oh, I'm feeling this week too. I'm actually thinking of not blogging for a few days.

Pammie said...

I hear that yoga gives you gas. Maybe you are just a little gassy (?)
I say quit your job and become a yoga instructor and go to Biblical school full time.
Get only sponsees who like to run, and do your step work while running.
Leave your office door open and do yoga on top of the desk...that just might make them ASK you to leave.
Hang in there little bean sprout.

Anonymous said...

"I will cancel one or two things this week because I cannot do all this stuff."..MC

OK to cancel a couple things...as long as they are NOT blogging!

dAAve said...

H.A.L.T.