Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Afternoon


I am a little bit late to post today.  The class yesterday was awesome and I now will be spending 40 minutes each day in meditation.  It is different from what I was doing, and I think it will have a big impact on my life.  

I went for a 6 mile run this morning and had technical difficulties with my Nike + iPod, which I tried to address, so I was stopping a lot in an effort to get it to work right. I finally gave up.  But I didn't get home until after 12:00 p.m.  My son was already here, and had put the pasta on... I had already made sauce and it was simmering on the stove.  So, I had a table full of family at lunch today.  The girls wanted to "rake" after lunch, so I let them.  I have never left the leaves laying around for this long, but I am too busy/tired to rake them.  Some time this week... sure.

I am busy, I am tired, but I feel good.  I have that peaceful feeling in my heart, which I wouldn't trade for anything.  


7 comments:

redballoon said...

"That peaceful feeling in my heart".... nice, very nice.
Congrats to you. :)

J-Online said...

Sounds like a wonderful day with your family! I'm happy for you.

dAAve said...

G'day, mate.

steveroni said...

That Peace in my Heart, which surpasses all understanding--one of the many, truly wonderful benefits of our way of life in Alcoholics Anonymous. Beautifully said by you this day...

One Prayer Girl said...

Meditation, running, pasta with sauce, table full of family, girls raking leaves, peaceful feeling in the heart......
It all sounds terrific to me.

You're a lucky lady!

Anonymous said...

Have a happy Sunday, Mary Christine!

Willa

Syd said...

Raking leaves is so great. I remember those days of jumping in the leaf piles. Now I just rake them and burn them but still enjoy it.