Saturday, May 05, 2012

Domestic Bliss

Oh, I guess for most people "domestic bliss" would mean a happy marriage, the pitter patter of little feet, etc.  I probably mostly realistically thought that at one time too.  But now I am 60 years old.  Divorced.  Grown kids.  - So in this age, I would call a bunch of fresh fruits and vegetables "domestic bliss."  I am baking two pies, grilling vegetables, and making sauerkraut for our lunch today.

I have been so overwhelmed lately, my son very very kindly suggested that we have our get-together at his house today.  He has a big back yard, toys, a couple of big TVs with Wiis (sp?)  There will be seven adults, one teenage boy, two pre-teen girls, one eight year old girl, a six year old boy, and one tiny baby (well, she is 18 months old now).  This is awesome.

So, while my butter is chilling for the pie crust, I thought I would take a second to post something here.  I went to my old homegroup this morning - it was good to see everyone.  I haven't been there since I started my new job.  I was very relieved that my old friends think my new hairdo is awesome.  Doubt has set in after a couple of days - it is so high maintenance - but if it looks good I don't care.

I get to go be with family today.  That might sound ordinary to you, but I never take this for granted.  It is a blessing beyond measure.

Thank God I am sober, or my day would be extremely different than this "domestic bliss."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the hair cut;) I like mine a lot, it has grown out a bit. No more headbands or combs to keep it off my face, and mine is wash and go.

Mrs D said...

I think your domestic bliss sounds blissful! I read you all the time and I rarely comment but I want to let you know how much I appreciate your writing and wisdom with so much sobriety behind you. And I love your attention to the little details of life and your honesty and constant gratitude for being sober. Never forget eh. Take care, hope you had a lovely family night xxx

Kelly said...

I like your version of domestic bliss. Really, domestic is pertaining to the home, so any type of bliss you can find at home would be domestic bliss. Not just married life. I find my bliss at home after everything is tidied and I can just exist with my son.

Syd said...

I like bliss of any kind. I will take that and one of your pies!

Anonymous said...

Really your articles is inspiring.
How make huge money online