Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sorry for posting a daily photo of this Don Juan rose.  It is so beautiful, but I cannot get a good photo of it, so I keep trying!   Today is the third day of rain in a row.  I won't complain.  I have the heat blasting and the fireplace blazing.

I was up all night, just could not sleep.  Listened to John Irving's Last Night in Twisted River.  Amazed to find a description of a car accident on Berthoud Pass that was nearly identical to the one I was in.  Only thankfully, when the car in which I rode veered totally out of control at a great speed, it miraculously did not hit another car.  In the book, the jackass car hits another car, causing two fatalities.

Finally fell asleep at 4, and slept until 8.  What a luxury to wake to sunlight!  My daughter called and surprised me with good news.  We will all be together today.  She will be with her children.  I will be with my children and grandchildren.  There were years that were not like this.  I am grateful for this blessing but mindful of what a painful day this can be for many.

This is my 41st Mothers Day without my mother.  That is over two times the number of Mothers Days I spent with her.

I do wish I could see her and tell her I love her.

But I do get to spend the day with my kids and I will focus on that instead.

Thank God.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the rose! Mine are almost ready to pop! Colorado beats Ohio in roses blooming!!! I hope you have a great day with your kids and grandkids today.

Annette said...

I love seeing the rose also and follow its daily work toward bloomage.:o)

Happy mother's day Mary. I am so happy that you get to see all of your kids and your grand kids. What an amazing blessing huh.

dAAve said...

A rose by any other name .......

Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Even bad memories are for me not so sad anymore. They feel like a rich blanket of my life, comforting and necessary.

Kary May said...

My mom has been dead for 23 years, I wish I would have had the chance to get to know her as an adult (I was 27 acting like an adult), I think we would have become friends. Happy Mother's Day, Mary Christine, it sounds like your children think of you as a friend, you and they are very fortunate.

Syd said...

I too wish those things about my mother. I miss her still.

Furtheron said...

The fact that you think about your mother that way means wherever her spirit is she'll know