Sunday, May 18, 2008

972

I had another fabuloso day.   It is so great to be sober.  It is so great to have sober friends.  It is so great to experience another sober spring - I love it when the windows get open until it is too hot - then the AC gets turned on.  I painted my toenails bright red this morning before I went to church.  It makes me feel festive each time I look down at them.

I talked with my sponsor on the phone for a long time today.  I wanted to tell her about the binoculars I just bought.  I traded in a Mother's Day present the kids got me for a pair of binoculars - for my trip to Alaska.  Then I had to take a walk down the street to where I can see to Red Rocks Amphitheater and beyond.  It is neat to see what is there that you usually cannot see.  I did see a runner off in the distance - on the road I used to run my 10 mile route - and I felt a pang of wanting to be out there.  Running.  

I'll be posting again in about 12 hours, so there is no use droning on now, is there?  

2 comments:

Pammie said...

girl....I could give you some lessons in the many uses for binoculars! They REALLY help you get to know you neighbors better..just sayin'. Little buttermilk biscuit.

Syd said...

I used my binocs a lot. Yesterday, I watched aerobatics with them.