Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday

I love Fridays.  I slept in until 6 o'clock this morning, and then I stayed in bed another half hour after that!  I have lots to do today, but I am trying not to let it feel like pressure.  Two things that I have to do are things that I am greatly looking forward to.  Why don't I focus on that?  Why, I think I will!

  • My sponsor and her husband are going to be coming through town this evening.  I will get to have dinner with them.  There will likely be a group of us, and it should be great.  I haven't seen her since they were in town last July for my 23rd AA birthday.  
  • I am going to have my first physical therapy appointment at 11:15 today.  I hope, I pray, I hope it helps.  If it doesn't, I will not be able to run even a half-marathon in Anchorage.  If it helps, I should be able to pull 13.1 miles out of this old body in 3 weeks.
  • At work today I have no meetings to attend.  I might have one at 11, but I have to miss it because of my PT appointment.  Work has been so stressful for so long that I really appreciate days when I don't have so much to do, and when I don't have major stressful meetings or deadlines.
That's it!   I should have written last night.  I had many thoughts about chasing people around who don't want to be sober.  Or who want to play the "isolating" game.  Let me just say, if I want to isolate, no one will know about it.  Folks who go around telling everyone they are "isolating" definitely need some lessons on how to isolate.  Just sayin'....

4 comments:

dAAve said...

Good luck with the physical therapy and I know you'll really enjoy the dinner with the sponsor.
Enjoy the day!!!!

Zanejabbers said...

Enjoy the day. I hope you get to run, but if not, you'll still be in the beauty of ALASKA.

Scott W said...

I love this: I had many thoughts about chasing people around who don't want to be sober. But, can you elaborate on it?

shalominfotech said...

i am a new comer to youe site. i liked your contents.keep in touch with me.
thank you..........

suhas

Suffering from an addiction. This website has a lot of great resources and treatment centers.

http://www.treatmentcenters.org