- Mary, you have run 6 miles, you have 11 miles to go. Do you even want to do this?
- If you run 17 miles, you will spend the remainder of this beautiful day on the sofa - no having the kids over, no baking a pie, nothing but trying to live through the day.
- You want to run a marathon, but are you willing to sacrifice the next 40 days getting ready for it?
- Do you want to run with grim determination?
- Or do you want to run with joy?
I chose joy. I ran 4 more miles. 10 miles is a good training run for a half marathon. I am going to run a half marathon in Alaska and know that I will enjoy the rest of my vacation. I will not have to be miserable about running anymore. I can run the way I like to run. And enjoy it!
So today I will head off to work. I have a bunch of work I brought home on Friday night - and I better do it today because it never got off the back seat of my car this weekend. I have a couple of things to do this week that I am dreading, but they will be over by 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon. I will try to spend my time preparing instead of dreading.