Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Morning Gone

Spent doing things like the above. First an AA meeting. Then the grandkids came over... to visit with me and their mother. I bought them potholder loom kit things a month or so ago. They were cut little plastic things, with neat little loops and neat little plastic hooks. Yesterday I looked for one for myself and found the above. It is crazy! A metal loom, a metal hook, and a bunch of weird fabric loops that seem like cut up dollar store clothing. My granddaughter picked up a pink and white piece and quickly dropped it, screeching "someone's cut-up underpants!" So I am still in the process of the above potholder. It is a crazy thing.

I am about to drive to the running store to do some impulse shopping. I went online last night to purchase a new running skirt and they wanted to charge me almost $12 to ship something from Boulder! I put my foot down at that and said I would go drive myself to get the dang thing if I need it that bad. So I will see what kind of damage I can do at my favorite running store. I seriously need some kind of motivation to get me out the door in the morning and often a new outfit will do the trick.

This retail therapy has got to end and end soon.... and it will. My first short paycheck will come at the end of this month and I am sure it will be a shock to the system. It would be wise to prepare now, but I have never been accused of being wise with my money.

Have a Happy Saturday everyone. Someone else stole my "let's stay sober today, OK?" line, so I guess I will surrender that like I have surrendered everything else someone else wanted... husbands... jobs... whatever.

"And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone - even alcohol." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 84

9 comments:

dAAve said...

ceased fighting works just fine.
And so do you.

Ed G. said...

Surrender sucks sometimes. Maybe always.

Blessings and aloha...

Annette said...

We need that great hook that you have for our little weaving potholder kit things.

Syd said...

I remember my mother making those. Sounds like a good day.

Mary LA said...

No copyright on the sentiments expressed!

I like the potholder

Trudging said...

I made dozens of those in the 4th grade

Scott M. Frey said...

surrender is good... I think I could stand to do a bit more of that

thanks :-)

Pammie said...

I love that blue potholder.
I loved making those as a kid.
I think an underwear potholder would be fabulous!

Enchanted Oak said...

I love your sense of humor coming through loud and clear in your blog. I made you a blog worth following on my bloglinks and i hope you visit my Sunday blog today during a commercial. It also talks about surrenders. I like Ed G's comment, but for me, surrender was the key to freedom.
Chris A