Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sufferin' Succotash

Some cartoon character used to say that, I don't have a clue which one. I was such a serious child, I never liked cartoons and still don't. But there are things I heard in my youth that still bounce around my brain... like "sufferin' succotash."

After my race on Sunday, I took a nap. When I woke up, I had an excruciating migraine headache. I managed to live through Sunday, got some sleep and woke up yesterday still suffering from the migraine. I went to work anyway. I didn't post yesterday because I was hurting too bad. I came straight home from work and tried to be very quiet. I slept last night and again this morning, I woke up with the damn migraine. I used to get three day migraines about once a month. I know I can survive this and odds are, tomorrow I will wake up without a headache.

Yesterday was a hard day at work. I got several doses of news that were hard to take. Maybe it would have been easier without the headache. I wish I were less invested in my career. I wish I didn't care that others seem to be getting the promotions that I thought would surely be mine some day.

I am off to a meeting this morning. I haven't been to one since Saturday morning and that is too long for me. Perhaps I will gain some perspective there - I usually do.

"Above all, take it one day at a time." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 11

11 comments:

dAAve said...

I'll bet the headache disappears soon after the AA meeting is over.
I missed you yesterday
(but my aim will get better).

Mary Christine said...

Daave, you just made me laugh for the first time in 2 days!

Scott W said...

I got migraines when I was young. I feel for you.

Dave, you always say that.

Christine said...

Hope you have a today where "All is well."

Gwen said...

Hope you are feeling better MC~

Syd said...

I know when I was very wrapped up in my career and it was everything to me, I too would let the politics at work get to me. I don't care that much about it now and realize that my days here are numbered since I retire in 3 more years. A meeting sounds like a good thing for you.

Pam said...

send me names and adresses of the people who upset you, and I will kick their ass.

Scott W said...

Whoo hoo Pam is ready to kick ass!!!

Namenlosen Trinker said...

It was Sylvester the Cat who said, "Sufferin' succotash!"

Clarity said...

I'm with Pam! Feel better and thanks for stopping by!

Shannon said...

I hope tonight you get some sleep, and rest and that head is not there tomorrow.
I am sorry I didnt come by yesterday or Monday... I had computer problems. I am sooo proud of you! (((HUGS)))|
sweet dreams my good friend