Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sufferin' Succotash

Some cartoon character used to say that, I don't have a clue which one. I was such a serious child, I never liked cartoons and still don't. But there are things I heard in my youth that still bounce around my brain... like "sufferin' succotash."

After my race on Sunday, I took a nap. When I woke up, I had an excruciating migraine headache. I managed to live through Sunday, got some sleep and woke up yesterday still suffering from the migraine. I went to work anyway. I didn't post yesterday because I was hurting too bad. I came straight home from work and tried to be very quiet. I slept last night and again this morning, I woke up with the damn migraine. I used to get three day migraines about once a month. I know I can survive this and odds are, tomorrow I will wake up without a headache.

Yesterday was a hard day at work. I got several doses of news that were hard to take. Maybe it would have been easier without the headache. I wish I were less invested in my career. I wish I didn't care that others seem to be getting the promotions that I thought would surely be mine some day.

I am off to a meeting this morning. I haven't been to one since Saturday morning and that is too long for me. Perhaps I will gain some perspective there - I usually do.

"Above all, take it one day at a time." -- As Bill Sees It, p. 11

9 comments:

dAAve said...

I'll bet the headache disappears soon after the AA meeting is over.
I missed you yesterday
(but my aim will get better).

Mary Christine said...

Daave, you just made me laugh for the first time in 2 days!

Scott W said...

I got migraines when I was young. I feel for you.

Dave, you always say that.

Mama Dukes said...

Hope you have a today where "All is well."

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better MC~

Syd said...

I know when I was very wrapped up in my career and it was everything to me, I too would let the politics at work get to me. I don't care that much about it now and realize that my days here are numbered since I retire in 3 more years. A meeting sounds like a good thing for you.

Namenlosen Trinker said...

It was Sylvester the Cat who said, "Sufferin' succotash!"

Clarity said...

I'm with Pam! Feel better and thanks for stopping by!

Shannon said...

I hope tonight you get some sleep, and rest and that head is not there tomorrow.
I am sorry I didnt come by yesterday or Monday... I had computer problems. I am sooo proud of you! (((HUGS)))|
sweet dreams my good friend