Sunday, April 05, 2009

Morning After

Last night was truly wonderful.  I LOVE having a home full of alcoholics!  There was lots of food, lots of fellowship, and lots of phone calls!  A couple of guys were kind enough to stay after everyone left to help with the phone calls and I was grateful for that.  Usually everyone files out at 8 o'clock, and you are left alone to handle the one or two calls you might get.  Not so last night.

It was good.  I didn't get enough sleep last night because one drunk got my phone number when I called him back and decided to call much later.  I finally turned off my phone because my "shift" was over at 11.  I know there are some people who love getting the calls in the middle of the night, but I am not one of them.  If you have a crisis at 4 a.m., please call me, because I will be awake - but midnight?  not so much.  Oh - and he wasn't having a crisis and did not want help - he just wanted to argue with me because he believed my phone was getting all of his wife's voice mail - very very crazy.

Today will largely be spent at church.  It is Palm Sunday, I will go to Mass at my church this morning.  Then I will spend the afternoon at my confirmation sponsee's church, rehearsing for her confirmation.  

Hopefully I can get home at some point and take a very long nap.

I hope you all have a great sober Sunday.

9 comments:

Ed G. said...

I love that "morning after" thing too.

Thanx again for your service - seems to have worked well since it sounds like you're sober today...

dAAve said...

Good for you on all fronts.

Banana Girl said...

God bless you for having Night Watch. It is vital and important. I am sorry about "crazy drunk" and the voicemail thing. Bill W. was right, you cannot reason with someone in the middle of a toot. Hope he calls back when he is ready. Have a wonderful Palm sunday. It is a day of inspiration and joy, and now that you are totally exhausted, serenity. LU J

steveroni said...

Mary, I am so glad to see all those show-pairings at your door! And since everyone there was sober, they probably put on their own shoes before leaving.

It's Sunday 3 PM (1 PM CO time) and we just arrived home--6 PM mass, then make a few phone calls--Had a wonderful weekend. Sounds like you did also.

Pammie said...

I'm glod some folks stayed!
enjoy your day at church.

Scott W said...

And just how was your phone getting all her voice mails? Come on, spill the beans!

Syd said...

I don't like really late phone calls because they rev me up nor do I like really early morning ones. But I still take them when sponsees call. It just wrecks my sleep if late at night. Glad that it all went well. I bet every slice of that pie was eaten.

steveroni said...

Oooops! I thought this was a new blog, like 'Monday happiness' or something like that?!!!

Sorry--I'll wait....patiently, of course.

Anonymous said...

I love the pile of anonymous shoes at your door!