Saturday, May 23, 2009

Super Mystery Lunch Date

Did anyone know that I was having lunch with Pammie today?  

Well, I did.  It was awesome.  We went to a meeting and sat right next to each other.  Then we went out for lunch.  At one point, she asked what time it was, and I was so shocked to say it was almost 3 o'clock!  She had to go back to her hotel, and I had to come home.  We both nearly started crying when saying our goodbyes, because we are both some of our very favorite people anywhere - ever!  

What a treat to spend some time with one of my favorite bloggers!  

My nephew and family just came by and left me with "Miffy" - my new foster cat.  She will be here while they are in Taiwan for 3 weeks.  I am so excited to have a cat again.  I have had cats for most of my life and I miss their little catness being around my house. 

I have another topic heavy on my brain, but I will write about that tomorrow morning or some other time when I am not sharing such happy news.   The topic is:  Recovery from Alcoholism, vs. Simply Not Drinking.  

Got to go pet Miffy now...

7 comments:

Hope said...

What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday. There is a fondness with which you write of one another that blesses me when I read of it.

I'm looking forward to what you will write about that heavy topic.

I like catness, too. I wish I wasn't allergic to cats otherwise I'd have a couple of them to keep me company. I'm a cat person at heart but have dogs instead.

Steve E. said...

OH How wonderful to share some time with your Pammie! No wonder you a happy girl this weekend.

And a kitty cat. At the risk of losing ten "followers" I'll let you know, my animal is CAT! I've always had cats, from farm days until today, I can even name them through the years.

Glad you're feeling good, Mary!

Scott W said...

I was very suspicious the other day when you commented that Pam wouldn't have very far to travel and I thought she might in the mile high city. But then I forgot about it until your email today.

I prefer dogs. I just like their energy so much more. I have had cats, though. My last cat was Niki, a Cornish Rex.

I can't wait to read about your heavy topic.

Ed G. said...

Yeah, we all knew...

...not really...

Glad a couple of my favorite online folks had a great time in person - you proved to me that it can happen...

Blessings and aloha...

dAAve said...

I can only imagine some of the things yall were talking about.

Be careful. Cats can grow on you. But they can be surgically removed.

Steve E. said...

"Did anyone know that I was having lunch with Pammie today?"

Mary, about a week ago, Pam mentioned that she was going to a 'conference' or some such, and was "excited", etc...and no computer, etc.

Then, in your blog you wrote about someone special going to a meeting and having lunch with you, and yes, I did put the two together.

Guess I'm just a nosy busy-body, but all I do is read between the lines--sometimes a BIG mistake!

Syd said...

Two of my favorite bloggers (and women) getting together for lunch. Wow! Glad that you had a good time and a happy day.