Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Morning


It's Tuesday Morning.  I have four days to work before I get another day off.  I am starting tired.  It is probably not actually that I am tired.  It is that I hurt.  My body hurts.  I knew I scraped and bruised my left leg, hip, arm, and elbow.  I didn't know until later last night that my back is really hurting and that my left pinky is bruised and hurts.  Oh well.

Someone suggested to me yesterday that I have a lot of accidents.  Well, I agree.  But I will quickly add that most 57 year old women are not training for a triathlon and a half-marathon at the same time.  I am more likely to get injured while out riding my bicycle than I am while sitting on my sofa.  But I am less likely to get heart disease or major depression if I am out on my bicycle or swimming or running.  So, my cost/benefit analysis?  I think  the benefits far outweigh the risk.  

I called my sponsee who borrowed my mountain bike and told her I would like to swap it out for my road bike.  I am not riding that skinny tire thing anymore.  I will take my mountain bike to the triathlon - which I have never done before.  Plenty of other people do, and I will too!  

I am happy to be gainfully employed today.  I am happy to be heading off to work.  I am happy that I have nothing to do tonight and can just come home and chill out and go to bed early. 

9 comments:

Scott W said...

Walk softly and take some Aleve.

dAAve said...

Have a great 4 days MC.

wendy said...

hope the aches and pains feel better soon. funny, I'm the opposite with bikes...riding mountain bikes always make me do stupid things.

Gin said...

Take care of yourself, but at the same time, HAVE FUN!!

Trailboss said...

I agree that most women or men for that matter aren't training like you. I hope you feel better soon. At least nothing was broken. But you need to be careful friend. Aleve does wonders!

Ed G. said...

I hope you can get through your day w/out more damage and that your recovery completes easily...

Pammie said...

I kinda wish you were riding a 4 wheeler in the race. I bet you would beat everyone and not get hurt....well unless you flipped it or something.
Keep on doing the stuff that makes you happy!

Syd said...

I am tired too. How can that be? I must have slept 18 hours on the boat.

steveroni said...

Thought I commented here this morning--so I'm late I'm late, I'm late......

All the way over the front handlebars
and I'm still picturing that! And you're alive. Phew!

Only people who have accidents are those who are out DOING something. So enjoy living! My gosh, that's why I'm sober.