Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekends...

Are wonderful.  Yesterday my daughter and I went to the Denver Art Museum.  I took a photo of the above painting because I loved it.  Although I generally almost despise "southwestern art," this painting was done long before the genre existed, and the colors are almost neon against the black background.    In the museum, there was one tiny room with some 13th and 14th century iconography, and both my daughter and I loved it and spent a lot of time there.  I wish I had taken some photos there - but I was too engrossed in the art, the meaning, and the symbolism to whip out my blackberry I guess.  

Today is a large family dinner.  After church.  And after a run.  Sort of like Aunt Bea of Mayberry, eh?  I better get going.  A lot to do....  I wish weekends were longer than 2 days...

13 comments:

dAAve said...

dear aunt bea

Thanks!!

love, opie

Pammie said...

And oddly enough, Aunt Bea was quite famous for her pies...just like you!

Scott W said...

I should know who the artist is, it is a familiar image. I love it!

The Denver Art Museum building is wonderful, maybe I can get there some day.

Gin said...

I'm with ya. The weekends are so nice and relaxing with the kids and myself. I wish every day could be that way.

Mary Christine said...

Like I didn't have enough access. - now
With my iPod touch I can blog from the grocery store . Yikes.

Scott W said...

Yea! Grocery blogging!

Findon said...

That is an amazing painting. Sounds like a good day. I left you an award on my Blog, I hope you like it.

Michael said...

Just coming via Flindons blog to bid you hello.
I have visited Huddersfields Art museum

Ed G. said...

Lovely - finding art, family, life where it is...

Trailboss said...

I love to watch Aunt Bea. So and I have an Aunt B. She passed away in the 80's. Did you know that Aunt Bea and Andy really didn't get along in real life? Weird huh?

steveroni said...

Ain't it great to be busy--and sober? Or sober--and busy?

Yep, a Blong day...But a good one for you?

Waiting of course, to read "Why Mary Christine Blogs"...you could write it in the grocery store.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that some of my comments were judgemental & shaming.

Please forgive me Pam, Mary Christine, dAAve, Scott W, RAAnch, Shannon, Megan, ZaneJabbers, Trailboss, Kathy Lynne, Lash 505, Ed G, Steve E, Heather, AnyEdge, Danny S, Mark W, Shadow, J-Online, JJ, Syd, Patty, Banana Girl, Edsumani, Findon, Gwen, Sober Nuggets, ONE PRAYER GIRL, Vicarious Rising, Stop, Drop, Recover; RipGurl, Recovery Archive, Recovery Road, Recovering Wino, It's a Brain Disease, In God's Hands & all 12 STEP BLOGGERS, where I have posted shaming & judgmental comments.

PS: You won't need to moderate your comments, anymore!

God Bless You
Micky

Syd said...

I went to the Art Museum when I was in Denver and really liked it. Yes, there was the southwestern emphasis but I learned and saw so much.