Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wild Flower

This morning was glorious as I took a sunrise run.  The end of my run is in a field with an old trail through it.  There are wild flowers in bloom there now.  I would imagine by this time next year, there will be a road and houses where the flowers now bloom.  (Which reminds me of a Talking Heads Song.)

Yesterday the meeting was great.  A relatively new guy chaired and actually had a topic!  He wanted to hear about people's experience with the 4th step.  I love those meetings.  4th Step and 9th Step meetings tend to silence the people who usually talk a lot.  And we get to hear about recovery from people who are actually doing the deal.  

And what a deal it is!  I think I shall try it for another day, and I hope you do too!

9 comments:

Scott W said...

Happy Thursday!

Banana Girl said...

Ditto on the 4th step and talkers. Nothing can clear the room quicker than the request for a description of doing 4th step work. And there can be no bull in that. Those who have done it know. The rest cannot hide. These are always great meetings. Have a wonderful day. J.

Ed G. said...

Here's to doing the deal and getting the results.
Blessings and aloha...

Steve E. said...

Oh, that "big" NINTH Step! I use that a lot--maybe less than years ago, but, OH! what a relief it is!

And the Fourth Step--that's when the peeps go in the other room for fresh coffee and pastry--then outside to smoke.

Have a GREAT Thursday!

Pam said...

I know just what you mean!!!
About people hushing.

Findon said...

I love topic meetings, but Im not so keen on the mayo and bacon. Still it takes all sorts to make the world go around

Kathy Lynne said...

very true...

Gin said...

Beautiful picture! I hope houses don't take the flower's place. They did that by my house. There was a beautiful field of huge sunflowers that they mowed down to build a shopping center. It was tragic!

Syd said...

We had the fourth step as a topic last week as well. Lots of people shared, even those not doing the step. Interesting stuff to hear.