Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh, I'm just happy...

Did I ever post a picture of the beach dinner we had on my sister's birthday? Oh, it was a dandy! I had two (2) of those lobsters, just cuz I could! Maybe I did post this before. I don't really remember.

I wanted to write a bunch of serious stuff tonight, but I just can't muster one second of serious right now. I am sitting at my dining room table, looking out my window at a huge thunder storm, grateful for a laptop that doesn't need to be plugged into electricity at the moment. I need to turn off my TV, because the dish is working only intermittently. It is just lovely! Now, I do hope that we don't get pounded with tree shredding hail and building destroying winds like some areas of the metro have in the last week or so. But for now, I am enjoying the storm.

Today I booked two nights in a hotel at a resort town I love. I have the week off next week, and I think I shall do a little car traveling - which is one of my greatest pleasures. I will likely go see my sponsor for a night or two and then go spend two days in this lovely town. Resting and recreating. I am greatly looking forward to it. I considered canceling my time off since I am not taking the class I had planned, but decided that I really need some serious down time. Some solo time.

For me to have the freedom to do this is something that I don't believe I shall ever take for granted. Maybe everyone doesn't have to lose everything to appreciate every little thing, but it seems to have taken that extreme experience for me. May I never forget.

Lord, teach us to laugh, but never let us forget that we cried...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! Can't get it any fresher than that! I am so jealous!!! I am very happy for you to be having some down time for yourself. Love the new name of your blog too!

Scott W said...

I hope you are taking art supplies with you!

dAAve said...

No offense intended of course, but that particualr food is yucky to me. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Like most of us seem to do, I also love bad weather. Maybe you'll get nothing but thunderstorms while on your short trip to ?????????

Lou said...

Those lobsters look so delicious.

Enjoy your car trip. I too enjoy a time of solitude, visiting a little, but mostly taking some time to myself.

Gin said...

Oh man does that food look good! I love your last sentiment. Teach us to laugh, but never let us forget that we cried. Beautiful. A reminder to never forget where we came from.

Pammie said...

I've always been too afraid that my car would break down, even if it was a brand spankin' new one. Jeez, talk about living in fear.
I'm so glad you are getting some good quality time with Mary.

Pammie said...

PS: I have a severe iodine allergy and one bite of lobster would end up in a 911 call.

Mary Christine said...

That's why I have a cell phone and roadside assistance coverage :)

Syd said...

MC, the food looks great. I'm a seafood lover for sure and what's better than having a fire pit and eating seafood on the beach?

I like days that are overcast and when there are thunderstorms. I just don't like to be sailing in storms.

Hope that your day continues to be happy.

Ed G. said...

I'm glad you're enjoying some of the blessings of your life and current prosperity - from the lobster to the storm to the time to, well, all of it...

I wish you much more of the same...

Blessings and aloha...