Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saddy Evenin'

I bet you all could guess that the above photo was not taken in Denver.  It was taken from my very seat in a restaurant where I was dining on luscious lobster...  The seat where my earring fell off and was never seen again.  

Tonight I went to my final HOA board meeting.  Thank God.  I fulfilled my obligation of a two year term... and it hurt like hell for about the last year.  But now I am done and I don't have to feel bad about it.

My daughter and I went for an open water swim this afternoon, followed by a 12 mile bike ride.  In the blistering sun.  If it were up to me, which it wasn't, I would have been at the lake just after the 6:30 meeting this morning.  But when you don't train alone, you don't get to get everything your way.  Oh well.  It was lovely to watch my daughter swim and ride a bike.  She was such an athletic child - before she got 100% engaged in the sport of meth addiction and alcoholism.  

I am looking forward to being in bed tonight before it is even fully dark outside.  That is my idea of a lovely day.

Hope you all had one too.

10 comments:

Lou said...

One positive thing I introduced to Andrew, that has stuck, has been a love for exercise. When he starts skipping working out..it's like a neon sign flashing trouble is coming.

Are you two planning on doing a triathlon together? What fun that would be!

steveroni said...

Busy day.
Good day.
End of day.
God bless us all.

Mike Golch said...

Nice photo,I am having a great day today,thanks for asking.

Mary Christine said...

Lou, yes both of my daughters are registered to do the tri with me in August. One of them is looking like she can't make it though. I am praying she will find a way to do it because the other one really needs her support. Twins, you know... it is important.

dAAve said...

rest.

Tall Kay said...

You day sounds just perfect! How very special to share this activity with your daughters. The picture is beautiful!

Anonymous :) said...

You are most blessed. I'm sure you know that. What a great day.

Scott W said...

I have heard of lobsters stealing earrings. Especially in the Denver area.

Scott M. Frey said...

what a beautfiul photo, looks like it must have been a very peaceful supper!

Syd said...

I like that photo. And it's great that your daughter is training with you.