The only problem is: with my torn rotator cuff, I cannot operate a back zipper. So, I shall be in a hotel room by myself trying to figure out how to zip my dress. I am sure I will figure it out somehow.
Last night when I got home from my shopping, I tried on my dress with the shoes I am intending to wear and stockings, etc. Only I couldn't zip it. Imagine my surprise when I heard a knock at the door! I looked out the window and saw it was another member of the homeowner's association. I threw a sweater over the dress and answered the door. I usually go to our meetings in runner's clothes or jeans - so his eyes flew open and he said "WOW! Let's go out to dinner!" Which made me feel like probably the dress looks good.
What's this got to do with anything? Oh maybe nothing, or maybe everything. I know I am grateful:
- My son is getting married to a nice young woman
- He asked me to go to the wedding
- I get to go to Vegas (which I don't even like), but I can make the best of it anyway
- I have lived long enough to be "old," but hopefully not terribly matronly
- I get to go shopping on a week night and buy stuff!
- Did you know that I used to weigh so much I couldn't go into a regular store and just buy a dress? - well, I did.
- And last, but certainly not least in my heart, today, St. Paddy's Day, is our friend dAAve's Birthday!!! Happy Birthday to you!