Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Meeting

This morning I drove up to my old home group. What a treat that is. I got to sit next to someone who got sober 6 months after I did. I have known him for a long time. He has also been a big part of my daughter's sobriety. Yeah, he is pretty special special to me.

Oh, and the meeting was good too. The topic was fear, but we talked about recovery from alcoholism.

A woman got up in the middle of the meeting and came back at the end. She went somewhere at 7:30 on a Sunday morning and purchased ~2 dozen white roses. When she came back, she walked around and gave one to each of the men for Father's Day. It was very touching.

I loved to look around the room at all the big tough men holding their white roses so tenderly.

Sometimes AA meetings are a lot more than just a meeting.

4 comments:

steveroni said...

Yes!

dAAve said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Kathy Lynne said...

that's awesome...

Syd said...

That is such a good gesture.