Friday, October 15, 2010

Leaving Early, Early...

I'm leaving in the morning. Flying away. (you know how much I hate to fly, but I will meditate as I always do and get OK with acceptance of whatever may happen.)

I am very excited. I have had wardrobe issues. I went out for quick runs this afternoon in two different configurations of my clothing and gear. I think I have a combination I can live with. 26.2 miles will tell me whether I am correct about that or not. And nothing else will.

All my training and planning is done. I will find out on Sunday if it was adequate or not.

My neighbor has been mowing my lawn all summer. I have been doing all of these training runs on Saturday mornings and have been tired and wrung out. She just started coming over on Thursday evenings before I got home from work and mowing my lawn. I would drive up to my house every Thursday and see a freshly mown lawn and want to cry with joy. She was worried I would be mad at her! I couldn't be anything further than mad!

Tonight I was talking to her over the backyard fence. I started to thank her for that, and I started crying! She started to tell me it was "nothing," and I started telling her how much of a huge help it was to me to know I didn't have to mow my lawn every week. She finally acknowledged that she knew how much it helped me.

Early in the game, I was cooking for her every week, but soon realized that she didn't really want me to. Some people want homemade soups, breads, pies, etc., and some people don't. She definitely doesn't.

So, I had to just graciously accept that she was doing me this huge favor and I could thank her, but I can probably never repay her.

I had to learn how to accept help in AA. It does not come naturally to me. It is a very good thing to learn though. It is a very humble thing.

Just like this marathon is likely to be!

Say a prayer if you are so inclined.

I will likely blog again before the race though...

7 comments:

dAAve said...

I will stay inclined whilst you are running.
Have a safe trip.

Syd said...

Good luck. I hope that the trip is good and the race even better.

Hope said...

I will say a prayer for you! I look forward to hearing how it went.

Carverlane said...

I am inclined, and I will!
Have a blast!

Let Go, Let God said...

Have a good run. I will say a prayer for you also.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear all about it. You have a very full life and I love getting to peek in!

♥namaste♥

Linda Myers said...

Ah, what we're able to do when we get our lives back!