Friday, August 12, 2011

What a week!

Son of a....

I just hit return and published a post with nothing in it... I have done that before.

This week has been a little bit wild. I have been busy every single minute of every single day. And will have another day just like that today. I am a little bit tired. But I am a lot a bit grateful for a full, sober life.

Since I am no longer training for a marathon, I am now officially tapering for my half-marathon next weekend. It is good when the miles decrease - and I guess that is a good indicator that I am doing the right race. Normally, I would think it is a bad idea for the miles to decrease. I am a bit burnt out on the whole thing right now. Maybe next week's half marathon will re-enthuse me (but I kind of doubt it). But it will be fun - it is in a mountain resort town, and it is an all female race - complete with pink feather boas and tiaras. At the finish, you are presented with a rose and a flute of champagne. I will skip the champagne, and LOVE the rose!

Last night I did one of my favorite activities, only with a new twist. I love to watch TV "together" with someone who is not there. Usually on the phone. But when you are on the phone, you really have to mute the sound and just "watch" and talk. However, last night I watched and listened to the TV and texted comments back and forth with my fella. It was fun.

For now, I am going to the pool to swim a half mile before I go to work. It is good. By the Grace of God, I am a sober, healthy woman who gets to have a full, active life. And that, my friends, is nothing short of miraculous.

"The age of miracles is still with us. Our own recovery proves that!" -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 153

5 comments:

Syd said...

Enjoy your day. Sounds full but in a good way!

dAAve said...

Hey!
Enjoy!

JeremyRT said...

It is indeed an age of miracles! Have a great weekend!

me said...

"last night I watched and listened to the TV and texted comments back and forth with my fella. It was fun."

Ah bless.......sounds nice!

Lou said...

I never heard of the TV/phone game.

Kinky!!