Saturday, July 22, 2006

Happy Saturday Training

I am about to head out of here - to drive 35 miles to my daughter's house, pick her up, drive to the reservoir, take a swim, take a bike ride, drive my daughter back home, and then drive home myself (35 more miles). I think I will take pictures and post them here, OK? We have only 2 weeks until the triathlon! Oh My Goodness! I am so excited!

"This seemed to prove that one alcoholic could affect another as no nonalcoholic could. It also indicated that strenuous work, one alcoholic with another, was vital to permanent recovery." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. xvi, xvii

p.s. My daughter did not make it... seems she was up all night with her 13 year old step-daughter... (can you say karma???). Anyway. I was so disappointed to be going alone, I cried for several miles on I-70. Pitiful. But I got to the park by 7:00 a.m., and swam with some other ladies training for the tri - then rode my bike - then ran 2 miles. I am pooped. And it is a good thing. I think if I had energy today, I might use it to have an emotional "bender" as Bill W. would have called it.

7 comments:

dAAve said...

OK.

Gwen said...

I will be rooting for you guys! Yeah!

DG - trudgingtheroad said...

I was just out in the 118° heat ... I'd WALK 35 miles for a swim in the resevoir about now ... 'cept of course it's too hot to walk ... whatever... the water sounds nice have fun and best of luck with the triathelon...that's awesome!

Tab said...

Okay...I have got to ask you MC..
what do you eat for breakfast ??
You have amazing energy,
I want some please :)
Thanks for sharing ~

lash505 said...

2 weeks and counting. You couldn't do a triathlon drunk or using. Your are the tri-queen.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»