Saturday, June 09, 2007

Riding my Bike to the Meeting

Once again, I will get to ride my bike to the meeting this fine Saturday morning. It is a wonderful thing that I get to do this.

I took yesterday and just stayed in bed for a large portion of it. I made several doctor's appointments because I think there are some things I need to address. One appointment is next week and two more are in the first week of July. Hopefully I will get back on track.

I dragged myself out of bed and got to the 5:30 meeting last night. Afterwards a bunch of us went to Chili's for dinner. It was so reassuring to sit with a bunch of sober members of Alcoholics Anonymous and laugh and talk and eat. There really are not many things better than that! One of the women is someone I sponsored years ago, she is back again, I hope she can find a way to stick around this time.

Have a sober day everyone.

Today is JJ's 3rd Birthday, go over and wish her well!!!

"I believe that God found me, more than I found Him. It was similar to watching a child walk; he falls down again and again, but it is better not to try to help him until he comes to realize that he cannot do it alone - and extends his hand. I had gotten myself into a position where I had no other place to turn; I was at a point of almost complete despair. Then, and only then, did I honestly and simply ask God to help me. He came to me instantly, and I could feel His presence, even as I do this moment." Came to Believe, p. 24

8 comments:

dAAve said...

That quote is chilling to me. It's because of the word/concept of "instantly." That's exactly what happened to me.
I have yet to find a suitable way to express in our language what happened with any sort of understandable explanation.

Do a wonderful weekend.

lushgurl said...

I had to laugh when reading yesterday's post...I was having a day too!
Today I am going to extend my hand to God- I cannot do this alone! Hope you feel better soon MC!

JJ said...

I love you MC. Thank you so much for helping to keep me sober and being a part of my life.
oxoxoxox
JJ

Scott W said...

Well I woke up in my own bed today and I am NOT an heiress. So there!

Syd said...

Glad that you are feeling better. Thanks for the quote. Somehow I have found myself with a lot of help from the HP and my Al-Anon friends.

Shannon said...

LOL I love you MC. I am glad you made it a meeting even when not feeling well. It reminded me, yes there is comfort in sitting with a bunch of sober recovering alkies, laughing and talking and being a part of.
Have a great sober day (((HUGS)))

Clarity said...

Nice quote and I agree, hanging out with a group of recovering alcoholics is the best!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun time at Chili's. I love going out for some food with me peeps.

John finds out on Tuesday if he made the NYC marathon. If he does not get in he is going to do Philly.

Have a great week MC ;)
Love and bear hugs,
Gwen~