Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday Morning

And I get to go to church to sit in silent prayer for an hour from 5 to 6 a.m.

Then I get to come home and go back to bed for an hour or so before I get up and quickly put my clothes back on and get out the door to work.

I get to go to my nice office today.

I get to crunch numbers this morning, figuring out means, standard deviations and confidence intervals ( I Like This!)

I get the chance to show if I have any recovery at a weekly meeting at 2:00 p.m. that weekly tests my serenity, peace, self-esteem, patience, and love.

I don't regularly meet with any of my sponsees on Thursday night, so I get to come straight home from work and do whatever the heck I feel like doing (and what I feel like doing might be to go to a meeting and dinner with my oldest sponsee!)

I have new glasses with a new prescription and I get to see better than I have for a while!

For all these things, I am grateful.... well, maybe not the 2:00 meeting at work. Some Thursdays I wish I could disappear just from about 1:30 to 3:30. Fall off the face of the earth.... but the rest of it? I am grateful, happy, and thankful!

"Can we actually carry the AA spirit into our daily work? Can we meet our newly recognized responsibilities to the world at large? And can we bring new purpose and devotion to the religion of our choice? Can we find a new joy of living in trying to do something about all these things?" -- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 112

5 comments:

Kathy Lynne said...

Thanks for this post MC. You would probably enjoy our morning meeting "What's Good About Today". I get to start my day off there every morning Monday thru Saturday. I love it and the people there. Even the curmudgeons. Helps me get to work where I will continue to pray that I can enjoy as much as you. I used to think I loved my job but that is changing for me. Also I will say a prayer for your sponsee. For some reason I feel particularly close to those who have relapsed. I think because I learn so much from them and I feel compassion that they just haven't quite surrendered yet. But that is their YET which means that it can happen for them too.
Hope your Thursday continues to bring you joy.

Pammie said...

I always think of you on thursday mornings, because I know you have your prayer hour. I'm jealous of this, I wish I could find a "formal prayer hour" like that.
Enjoy your day sweet pepper

dAAve said...

I have confidence at intervals too.
Maybe we're sisters?

Syd said...

I like that you like statistics. It's something that I enjoy with my research--give me ANOVA's, regressions, and multivariates and I'm happy

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful that you can sit for an hour in silence and prayer. I am still practicing meditation and sitting in silence. It is all new but I truly appreciate when others share their spiritual agenda. It's spiritually motivating.