Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Yay! Back to Work!

No more mid-morning runs. No more mid morning, mid afternoon, and mid evening naps. No more snacking all the live long day.

I am back to work today! Yay!

I have enjoyed my vacation, but I am happy to be going back to work. I stopped into my office yesterday afternoon because I needed something. It looked so pretty. My desk chair was so comfortable.

If only I could just appreciate the job for what it is and not worry about what everyone else is doing, my work life would be much happier. In the last couple of months, I have watched someone else get promoted around me... the job I have been hanging around waiting for years for it to open, certain that I would get it. Then I applied for another job and didn't get that either.

My sponsor keeps saying a big change is around the corner for me. I thought it was nursing school. Then I thought it was teaching. Maybe the big change is in my own psyche.

"Happiness isn't having what you want, it is wanting what you have." (I don't know who to attribute this to, does anyone?)

Today I want what I have. I am so incredibly grateful for this life I have today.

"We know that God lovingly watches over us. We know that when we turn to Him, all will be well with us, here and hereafter." -- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 105

7 comments:

dAAve said...

I'm not clairvoyant, so I don't know if a big change is in store for you or not. I hope you don't change too much though; I like you just the way you are.

Scott W said...

I want what I have and I have what I want. I give thanks every day for that. It is truly miraculous!

Banana Girl said...

MC: Searched high and low and couldn't attribute the quote you have but found these gems: Have a happy day! Jeanne

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)


"Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807 - 1882)


If you find serenity and happiness, some people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)


God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.
C. S. Lewis (1898 - 1963)

Unknown said...

I understand how you feel. It is hard stuff. That darn acceptance is a bitch during those times. UGH

You take the best pics. Makes me want to move out to Colorado to be with my brother.

Happy Tuesday MC!

Syd said...

Glad that you are happy back at work. I think that I'm looking forward to the day when everyday is vacation.

Pammie said...

Oh, I love change! Good things are coming your way sweet potato, it's your turn. You've done all the footwork.

Scott M. Frey said...

that happiness quote, I am quite sure there's something to that!