Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Night

I thought I would try something radical and post at night instead of the morning. I have school tomorrow. I am a tad resentful about this. I want a weekend off. I want to go to the meeting tomorrow morning. I am also very conflicted about all of this. I wanted to teach. I was excited about it. I actually like it - when I am there. But I don't like adding another day of work to my week.

I just went to a potluck dinner with the women of my AA group. It was fun. It was nice to sit around on a Friday night with so many people I love. Don't get the wrong idea - some of them I am not really that fond of, but I really really love them.

One of them told me tonight that a new guy said today that he really wishes I was at the meeting more often (that makes at least 2 of us!) because he always gets so much out of what I say in the meeting. My friend offered that I am hysterically funny about 80% of the time, and the other 20% of the time things suck. She said that is how she can tell that the 80% is the real truth. That was high praise.

I don't think my funnyness comes through in this blog. That is always the first thing that people notice about me - my sense of humor. So I have found through this blog that I am OK without much humor. That is good news.

I am a tired, worn out sober alcoholic woman. I am a runner who hasn't run in 10 days. I have not been to a meeting since Monday. I have a long distance relationship I don't talk about - but due to weather I haven't seen him since Christmas Day.

But as I said this morning, This Too Shall Pass.

8 comments:

Kathy Lynne said...

"some of them I'm not really fond of but I love them". That's it precisely. I hope something or someone makes you laugh today.

Pam said...

Oh my pooped out little navy bean (cuz navy beans give you gas and gas is ALWAYS funny)
I'm thinking of you.

dAAve said...

I know a sponsor who might suggest a 4th step regarding your first paragraph.

Get to a meeting first though.

Scott W said...

Gas IS funny!

I don't care when you post, as long as I get to read you every day.

I love me some navy beans with ham hocks and cornbread!

Mary Christine said...

My sponsor just keeps telling me I need to have some FUN. I agree.

dirtydishes said...

I agee with the suggestion of fun! It seems like many of us are going through the same thing. By the way, you triggered a key lime pie craving in me. Now where the heck am I supposed to find key lime pie in Ohio, in the middle of winter?

Mary Christine said...

You make it! Key lime pie is the easiest thing on earth! Buy a bottle of "Nellie and Joe's" key lime juice and follow the directions on the bottle.

Zane-nawwaa said...

AA taught me that I don't have to like everyone but I do have to love them. That comes thru in your statement. Have a great day.