Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Post #882

Gosh, I have been doing this blogging stuff for a while now, haven't I? I have seen a lot of people come and go in that time. Some bloggers I hope will stick around forever, and some I wait for that day when they are just a little bit too bored to keep on - as most bloggers do.

Yesterday morning I was feeling horrible. Work continues to get a little worse each week. It is extremely difficult. We are in a terrible situation, and unfortunately, that brings out the worst in people. I got a little sign for my door that says "Scatter kindness". I don't know what good that will do, but remind people (or me?) to just be kind. I went and saw a priest at lunch time for something that could be the subject of another whole post - and probably will be in the future - and on the way back, I bought cupcakes (with sprinkles) for my co-workers. I thought maybe a fattening treat would be a nice gesture. Little tiny gestures can sometimes make the difference in a person's day. I will endeavor to make as many kind gestures as I can, because it is damn ugly there right now.

I did run yesterday morning and this morning I did a new abs workout. I don't like it, but it hurts, so it must be good, right?

Gotta get ready for my day. You all have a nice one, OK?

9 comments:

dAAve said...

OK.
burning abs.
i hate that.

dAAve said...

It's 65° here.

(one must use the number keys on the numeric keyboard) ®

Scott Crawford said...

Random acts of sprinkles! Who do you think you are? Tinkerbell? ;-)

Nice. Keep giving it away!

Zanejabbers said...

Cupcakes with sprinkles.MMMMMMM. You are a sweety pie.

nic said...

Hey,
I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I want you to know I think you're doing wonderful things. Your attitude is awesome and you have such a kind heart. (Please don't think I'm crazy, I just say what I think.) Even if no one at work appreciates your treats, I appreciate that someone out there is willing to do something to make others smile. You go, girl! :)

(How do you make the degrees sign?!)

Pammie said...

Girl..sometimes I get bored with my own blog...when I read someones who seems to have so many relevant things to say.
You can NEVER go wrong with cup cakes! Little batter licker.

Anonymous said...

Gawd I was having such a downer day, and then I read this and it was really inspiring to me. Thanks! I really believe you are on the right track with that idea. Hugs, your bud, Robert

Scott W said...

That º is catching on fast!!!

I used to play a game where on the way to work I would smile at as many people as I could just to see if they would smile back, most did. Then I would do it on the way home, and again, most returned my smile. It's little things that make life so precious. The big things are much too overrated!

Syd said...

Hang in there. Hopefully the work crisis will pass soon.